Babies or Toddlers First Aid Kit is one of the essential things every parents must have. It is necessary to have at home and when travelling with kids because we don’t know when minor accident or sickness happen. Keeping these supplies in a medicine box/cabinet/bag help your mind put at ease. Sharing with you my personal checklist.
1. Thermometer. Used to measure body temperature. It may be digital or ear electronic type.
2. Paracetamol. Used to treat many conditions such as headache, muscle aches, arthritis, backache, toothaches, colds, and fevers. ( sample: Calpol or Tempra )
3. Oral Rehydration Salt. Used in the treatment of adults or children with dehydration due to diarrhea (except those with severe dehydration). This medicine replacea fluid and electrolytes lost dues to diarrhea or vomiting. ( sample: Hydrite )
4. Antihistamines. Used to relieve symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing or congestion. ( sample: Allerkid )
5. Providone Iodine. Used to prevent infection and treat cuts, wound and burns. ( sample: Betadine)
6. Calmoseptine Ointment. Used to treat diaper rash, burn, itching, fungus infection, eczema, allergy rashes etc.
7. Mupirocin. Used to treat insect bites as prescribed by my son’s pedia. ( sample: mupicin )
8. Saline Spray. Used for cold relief and allergies.
9. Gauze. Used to packing the wound, stop from bleeding and keep wounds clean.
10. Multipurpose Oil. Used for headaches, body pain, gastritis insect bites etc.
You may also add medical scissor and tape, cotton balls, alcohol and mask.
- Keep you baby’s pedia prescription so you have you’re reference with you incase you needed.
- Have a separate first aid kit in the house and car/baby bag.
- Don’t forget to check the expiration date of the supplies. Used an alarm atleast once a month to check and note all that need for replacement.
- Keep the storage locked and out of child reach. Inform also other member of the family where did you place the first aid kit.
Remember: Box/Cabinet/Storage doesn’t need to be expensive, as long as it is clean, with lock and ok to store medicine. I bought mine at sm dept. store, megabox worth P75 only and will print label nalang to easily recognized eventhough its transparent in color (medicines are visible outside). You may also add supplies on your kit if you think it is also essential to have and don’t forget to share it with me. Leave your comment below.
If you like this post. Don’t forget to subscribe on my FB page. 👍 click here